Studying MBBS abroad is loved by many as it offers in-depth knowledge and sundry opportunities across the world. One of the most popular international destinations to study MBBS in Georgia. It is one of the best places to study MBBS with world-class education. The medical colleges are recognized by various world authorizations bodies such as the world health organization (WHO), United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO), and the medical council of India. MBBS in Georgia is characterized by low educational cost, high-quality education, and a safe environment. If you are planning to study MBBS in Georgia then let us throw some light on things that you have to know before applying.
Why Study Medicine in Georgia?
There are more than 5000 international students in Georgia who are studying MBBS or MD. Let us see what the prime reason for their selection is.
Safe and Pleasant Environment: Georgia is a developed country that has the lowest crime rates in the world thus, offering a superior life of quality.
Affordable: the tuition fee and the living cost together is 2.5times lesser than in other countries. Also, it is better than the donation system that is followed in India. You can study MBBS in Georgia at a lower cost than in other countries.
A World-Class Education: The education systems in Georgia blend best of both the world that is, it combines the education system of Europe and America. This develops the student to practice in both geographies in the future.
Admission Easy: unlike other countries admission in Georgia is easy as there are no exams like IELTS and TOFEL. The admission is based on the NEET score and marks in 12th which opens the gate for countless Indian students.
Eligibility for Admission
To apply for MBBS in Georgia, the candidate should be above 18 years of age and should have a minimum of 50 percent in plus two exams or equivalent exam. The exam should comprise physics, biology, chemistry, and English. Also, the student must have qualified in the NEET exam. For SC/ST/OBC students the passing percentile is 40%.
Documents Required for Admission
The following are the documents that are required to apply for MBBS in Georgia
- Marksheets of 10th and 12th
- Transfer certificate/Leaving Certificate (in English)
- Birth Certificate (in English)
- Migration Certificate
- A passport that is valid for one year
- Travel insurance
- Health insurance
- Bank statement of the guardian(of six months)
- Medical certificate
Application and Admission Procedure
- For application, you have to fill the application form and submit it along with scanned copies of required documents. Once the application is accepted, you will get an admission letter from the university.
- Once you receive the admission letter from the university, you can deposit the admission fee in the university bank account.
- After 30 days of the payment is deposited, the Ministry of Education and Science of Georgia will issue an accreditation letter to the university and they will issue an invitation letter.
- Once the above-mentioned procedure gets over, visa approval takes about 30 days. Once the visa is approved, you can fly to your dream destination and start the journey in the field of medicine.
Course Structure in Georgia
The course is extended over six years in which five years comprises coursework while the last year is for an internship. The whole curriculum is for 360 credit points which are split as 300 and 10.
The universities in Georgia offer decent hostel facilities to the students at an affordable price. If you want to stay in the hostel you can opt for other modes such as private hotels, home-stays, lodges, or apartments. MBBS in Georgia for Indian students fees is less compared to other places thus accommodation will also be affordable.
If you are willing to take up the course, the first thing that you have to do is consult agents of MBBS in Georgia for Indian students. They will give a helping hand right from application to accommodation.